Generic Name: multivitamins (MUL-ti-VYE-ta-mins)
Brand Name: Examples include Stress-600 and Thera-Tabs
Stress-600 is used for:
Treating or preventing low levels of vitamins in the body. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Stress-600 is a vitamin supplement. It works by providing extra vitamins to the body.
Do NOT use Stress-600 if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Stress-600
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Stress-600:
Some medical conditions may interact with Stress-600. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Stress-600.
Ask your health care provider if Stress-600 may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Stress-600:
Use Stress-600 as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Stress-600 by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- If you miss a dose of Stress-600, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Stress-600.
Important safety information:
- Do not take large doses of vitamins while you use Stress-600 unless your doctor tells you to.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Stress-600 while you are pregnant. It is not known if Stress-600 is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Stress-600, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Stress-600:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Stress-600. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include nausea; vomiting.
Proper storage of Stress-600: Store Stress-600 at room temperature. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Stress-600 out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Stress-600, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Stress-600 is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Stress-600 or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Stress-600. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Stress-600. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Stress-600.
Issue Date: March 6, 2013 Database Edition 13.1.1.003 Copyright © 2013 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.